As in the other talking catfishes, Spotted Doradid is able to produce sounds by rotating its pectoral fin spines and amplifying this via its swimbladder. The overall color is almost black, overlaid with numerous white or cream spots.
Others common names
- White-spotted Doradid, Spotted Talking Catfish
- Up to 5 1/2in (14cm) reported.
- Peaceful species that becomes more active during the night and likes to rest partly buried or in hollows during the day. Avoid keeping with small tankmates.
- Wide range of foods accepted. Feed just before aquarium lights are switched off in the evening.
- Adequate shelters, ample planting, and soft substratum required. Water chemistry not critical. Temperature range: 70-79 F (21-26 C).
- No documented accounts currently available.