Payne’s Synodontis is one of the smaller species and the only representative of its genus. Atypically for a mochokid catfish, it has a somewhat blunt snout. Its attractive mottled patterning and its small size make it more suitable for community aquaria than the majority of its relatives.
- Sierra Leone.
- Around 2in (5cm), but often smaller.
- A peaceful species; most active at dusk and during the night.
- Livefoods preferred, but other formulations also accepted.
- Well planted, with adequate shelter and some open swimming areas. Softish, slightly acid to slightly alkaline water preferred. Temperature range: 72-77 F (22-25 C).
- No documented accounts currently available.