Both common names apply equally well to this attractive, modest-sized catfish. Owing to a golden anterior border, the black body spot, in particular, stands out beautifully against the pink body color. When kept under correct aquaria conditions, this fish can turn a beautiful deep red-brown.
Other common name
- Two-spot Pink Bagrid
- Borneo, Java, Sumatra, and Thailand.
- Around 6in (15cm).
- Does well with similar-sized tankmates, but may prey on small fish.
- Some commercial formulations accepted, but livetoods preferred.
- Spacious, well filtered, with open swimming areas and hiding places. Water chemistry not critical. Temperature range: 68-79 F (20-26 C).
- No documented accounts currently available.